Review by Paul P. on October 28, 2014 -
Stephen Meyer, MD - 4278 W Linebaugh Ave Northwest Family Medical Center
Office & Staff Evaluation
- Ease of Getting an Appointment
- Courtesy of Practice Staff Not rated
- Appearance & Atmosphere of Office
- Handling of Billing & Insurance Not rated
- Average Wait Time 31 minutes or more
- Willingness to Spend Time with You Not rated
- Listening Skills Not rated
- Clear explanations Not rated
- Trust in Decision Making Not rated
- Accuracy of Diagnosis Not rated
- Post-Visit Follow-Up Not rated
“Wait time was over 1 hour beyond my scheduled appointment”
I can't share much of my experience with this physician other than the office scheduled me for a 9:30 a.m. appointment and asked that I be there by 9:15 to complete the required paperwork. I arrived promptly at 9:15, completed my paperwork and proceeded to wait. And wait... And wait... And wait...
At 9:50 I asked when I would be seen for my 9:30 a.m. appointment and was told it would probably be an hour. As a professional I understand doctors are busy, but so am I. It is unreasonable to me to schedule an appointment for 9:30 just to wait for an hour to be seen. The whole reason we schedule appointments in life is so we can manage our time. Unfortunately I had a 10:30 a.m. telephone meeting and had to cancel my appointment.
This doctor could be the best in the world, I wouldn't know, because I didn't have the luxury of waiting for more than an hour past my scheduled appointment time to wait to see him.
I do know if your time is valuable, and if you don't have the time to wait for an hour or more to be seen by a doctor, this physician probably isn't the one for you.